New, Revised and Small Sites
Representation ID: 19061
Respondent: Mrs Sue Pennell
This is a completely new site on the Old Turnpike right opposite the most significant building in the parish, namely the Church which is medieval and listed grade 1, a heritage building of lofty proportions.
It stands not in Church Road but on the north side of the Old Turnpike and this site is on the south side of the Old Turnpike in an old orchard.
It is inappropriate and unnecessary to change the settlement boundary as this could affect the status of this beautiful church.
First and foremost this is NOT in Church Lane it is on the Old Turnpike.
The parish church stands on the north side of the Old Turnpike and this is a completely new site being the land right opposite the parish church on the south side of the Old Turnpike. This land is known to have been an orchard in former times and it has regenerated to deciduous woodland. This relatively small area of woodland is bordered on its south side by the B1113 (The 'new' Turnpike which was probably built to take out a rather long and extreme bend in the old turnpike)
The CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL AND ALL ANGELS is a medieval building and is the most significant building in the parish being lofty and wide and without any central pillars, and having a tall tower with a ring of six bells, together with other interesting features.
It would be wholly inappropriate and unnecessary for the settlement boundary to be changed as this could adversely affect the status of this beautiful Norfolk church.
Church of St. Michael and All angels
Heritage Category: Listed Building
List Entry Number: 1373605
Date first listed: 07-Dec-1959
Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL, CHURCH ROAD (not church road but Old Turnpike)